We Need Alcohol Treatment in NJ, Where Do We Start?
If you or someone you love is finally ready for alcohol treatment in NJ, congratulations! That is great news! Believe it or not, the number one roadblock to recovery is willingness. Finding the right alcohol rehab in NJ is very important. So is making sure that bills and things at home or work are taken care of while someone is in an NJ alcohol detox. But none of that matters if that person isn’t willing to get it done.
So, if you are lucky or blessed enough to be willing yourself now, or have someone else who is willing to go, please don’t wait! As they say, strike while the iron is hot. Sadly, that willingness for help can be a flash in the pan for many alcoholics. It may come and go. You know nothing will get better as long as the drinking continues. Things will very likely get worse. So don’t wait until tragedy strikes. The place to start is to get moving while the willingness is there and DON’T STOP until you have yourself or the one you love in alcohol treatment in NJ.
What Should I Look for in an Alcohol Rehab?
The key thing to remember when searching for alcohol treatment in NJ is that you don’t have to settle. New Jersey has some of the best alcohol rehab programs in the country. The way to choose one is to start with knowing what services you need. If you’re not sure, NJ Rehabs can assist you there. This is what we do! Call us at (973) 858-5125 or reach us through our contact page here. Once you know what you need, then it is just a matter of looking at time and resources. How much time can the person dedicate to treatment? The best-case scenario is if they can commit to at least a month.
There is a reason why alcohol rehab programs are at least 28-30 days. Scientific research has shown this is the minimum amount of time it takes most people to establish a new habit. Learning how to live sober is a tall order. It doesn’t happen overnight. So if you or your loved one is serious at all about this, they ought to consider at least a month of treatment. If work or school is a concern, ask NJ Rehabs or the alcohol treatment in NJ about the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). This is a law that can protect your job while you receive the medical treatment you need.
Important Things to Look for in Alcohol Treatment in NJ:
- Connected to a Good NJ Alcohol Detox – The best alcohol treatment in NJ is at facilities that can place you in a reputable detox for a safe and comfortable medical detox. This is extra important with alcohol for safety’s sake.
- Joint Commission Accreditation – A solid alcohol rehab will have Joint Commission or CARF accreditation as well as a state license. These are no compromise items, don’t go to a rehab that doesn’t have accreditation.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment – Ask for an alcohol rehab that has a psychiatrist on staff and can diagnose and treat co-occurring disorders. Even if you aren’t sure if the patient has one, this is important to find good treatment.
- Smart Aftercare Planning – A NJ alcohol detox is only the beginning of alcohol treatment in NJ. You need an individualized plan for what happens after treatment. Don’t even think about a rehab that can’t give you one.
- Good People – This one is simple. Look for a program where the staff is friendly and knowledgeable on the phone. If they know what they’re talking about and take the time to answer your questions, that’s a good sign. Listen to your gut here.
Asking For Help
You’re not alone in this fight. Whether you’re looking for alcohol treatment in NJ for yourself or someone else, we can definitely help. Most of us at NJ rehabs are in long-term recovery ourselves, so we really do get it. There is nothing you will say that will shock, surprise, or disappoint us. We promise. We are here to help, not judge. We want to help and we know how hard this can be, especially when you try to go it alone. So, don’t. Please call NJ Rehabs. We have the experience you need to get the help you deserve. Call us at (973) 858-5125 or reach us through our contact page here.